Posted by: Collections Attorney | May 7, 2012

Wage Judgment Collection

Do you have a judgment against your employer?

The Labor Commissioner’s Office will help you obtain a judgment against an employer for unpaid wages.  However, it will not help you collect that judgment.

Sleazy employers who don’t pay wages to employees often don’t pay judgments against them, either.  And, unfortunately, sometimes collecting those judgments is more difficult than getting the judgment in the first place!

However, there is a silver lining.  An employee can collect attorney’s fees and other costs incurred in collecting a wage judgment. California Labor Code § 1194.3

So, if you have a wage judgment you need to collect on, you can hire an attorney and know that any fees he or she racks up will have to be paid not by you but by the employer who caused all this trouble in the first place!

If you need an attorney to help you collect your wage judgment, contact us now.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s


%d bloggers like this: